Utilising the Revenue Management System which assigns a list of accounts to call, the jobholder will make telephone contact with existing and new customers with a view to negotiating outstanding payments for Ireland’s leading financial institutions. The candidate will be joining an experienced collections team whose job it is to maximise the cash collected on our serviced, and purchased debt. They will ensure that customer accounts are monitored on a continuous basis and will deal with customer account queries. In this demanding environment, the jobholder will need to be target driven, self-motivated, and demonstrate a commitment to constantly improving negotiation skills by being receptive to feedback and focusing on win-win solutions.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Contact customer by telephone to negotiate payment strategy
- Keep broken arrangements to a minimum
- Ownership and responsibility for a designated book of debt
- Ability to work a large volume of accounts
- Achieve and surpass weekly and monthly collection targets
- Ensure compliant and customer focused collections
- Manually update accounts and edit information gained from calls
- Use new technology such as text and voice over text to maximize collections
- Assisting with ad hoc administrative tasks as designated by Team Leader
Person specification :
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous telephone experience.
- Ability to negotiate the optimum collection commitment for the company
- Professional in approach and able to deal with a variety of individuals.
- Working knowledge of Word/Excel/Outlook
- Good communication skills.
- Determined and focused.
- Numerate and Literate.
- Enthusiastic and positive.
- Flexible, adaptable and keen to try new methods and systems.
Job Type: Permanent
- Customer Care,: 1 year